Vanessa has been a licensed attorney practicing primarily in family law matters following graduating with honors from the University of South Dakota School of Law in 2005. She concentrates on representing individuals in all areas of family and juvenile law. Vanessa is also a 2009 graduate of the Nebraska State Bar Association’s Leadership Academy and a former chair of the Bar Association’s Legal Services Committee. She regularly teaches continuing legal education sessions for other family law attorneys in Nebraska.
Recently, Vanessa was a co-author of Stress-Free Divorce Volume 4: Conversations with Leading Divorce Professionals (2018). Click here to view the Amazon page. She was honored to be recognized as a Distinguished Lawyer by Expert Network in 2017 and to receive the 10 Best Client Satisfaction designation from the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys in 2016, as well as the Top 10 Attorneys Under 40 award from the National Academy of Family Law Attorneys in 2015. As the owner and managing member of GordenLaw LLC, Vanessa directs all legal services performed by attorneys and staff at the firm.
- Graduated from Family Law Trial Academy, American Bar Association/National Institute of TrialAdvocacy, 2019
- Taught numerous continuing legal education presentations to attorneys on divorce, family law, ethics and the use of technology by law firms
- Co-author, Stress Free Divorce Vol. 4, 2018
- Co-author, Nebraska State Bar Association Family Law Manual, 2019
- Named as Distinguished Lawyer, Expert Network, 2017
- 10 Best Client Satisfaction Award, American Institute of Family Law Attorneys, 2016
- Top 10 Attorneys Under 40 Award, National Academy of Family Law Attorneys, 2015
- Founder of GordenLaw, LLC, 2011
- Member, Nebraska State Bar Leadership Academy, 2008-2009
- Former chair of Nebraska State Bar Legal Services Committee
- Licensed since 2005 in South Dakota (inactive) and 2006 in Nebraska
- Graduated with Honors from University of South Dakota School of Law, 2005