Now Hiring: Associate Attorney
About You: Are you a lawyer who loves not just books and information, but also interacting with people and learning about their stories? Do you enjoy both intellectual and emotional challenges and growth? Have others told you that your best traits include being nonjudgmental, keeping confidences, and giving sound advice in difficult situations? Do you want to practice an area of law that has immediate and visible impact on people’s most important relationships? Are you a positive person with an offbeat sense of humor? If this sounds like you, you sound like a good fit for our team!
About Us: GordenLaw is a small boutique law firm in Lincoln, Nebraska that practices only in the areas of law that touch on family relationships, namely divorce, paternity, custody, adoptions, grandparent rights, guardianships, and juvenile law. Founded in 2011, we will celebrate our tenth anniversary this year. Our firm is growing and expanding and seeking additional coworkers to help shape our future!
- All of the traits and characteristics that make not just a good attorney, but an excellent one – we strive to exceed our client’s and team’s expectations at every opportunity.
- Technology savvy (ability to use Microsoft Office, document management and assembly, practice management, and trial software, etc.)
- Nebraska bar admission
- Strong interest in family law and personal/professional development
- Growth mindset
- Exhibits maturity and professionalism in difficult situations
- Enjoys a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately with unparalleled attention to detail
- Strong reading comprehension skills
- Commitment to the GordenLaw Core Values: Character, Compassion, Communication, Competency, & Positivity
- 1-3 years’ experience
- General familiarity with statutes and court rules governing separate probate and juvenile court as well as local District Court rules
- Familiarity with billing by hourly, flat, and staged fees
** IMPORTANT: TO APPLY **
You will be evaluated based on your ability to follow instructions.
Do not apply through this posting, or the contact information on our website. If you do, you will not be considered and will be disqualified.
Send an email to [email protected]
As the subject line, list a comedian, TV show, or movie that illustrates your sense of humor.
Your cover letter should be written directly in the email and addressed to "Attorney Gorden". In that cover letter, you should state why you have an interest in working for a small family law firm. Your resume should be attached as a PDF.
If you do not follow these instructions, you will be disqualified from our consideration and we will not notify you.